Friday 10 May 2013

Friday 10th May 10:23am, Kanchanaburi by Mamie

I don't have much to say today, but I feel that this needs to be posted.

Amy fell out of bed this morning.

I found my eyes opening to the sight of Amy lurching off the edge of her bed. I can't forget her face of bewilderment, panic and surprise before she climbed back into bed and dozed back to sleep. Maybe it was more of a moment thing, but it was hilarious and has to be shared.

In more cultural news, we've finally begun exploring Thailand and its beauty. We've explored the town of Kanchanaburi where I have finally begun to enjoy the local food and appreciate my love of Pad Thai. Yesterday we headed out to the Erawan Waterfalls which involved a rocky but fun trek up to the seventh tier. We swam in this seventh tier which was small but beautiful, and we also decided to bathe in the fifth level for the sole reason that it had a natural slide. Later we experienced the Death Railway and the bridge over the River Kwai, famous from some film that Amy and I have yet to watch. The railway was cool but I particularly loved the small little jewellery market which I found hidden round the back. Just behind the market was a beautiful and colourful Chinese building. I think it was a temple or chapel but I wasn't sure and didn't have much time. I have found that one of the best bits when travelling is spontaneously finding these random, hidden and non-touristic areas.

That's pretty much it for today. We're now heading to Ayutthaya, the ancient capital, and then soon after that we go down South for the beaches. Exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi girls. Loving your blogs and pics. Nice to see you looking healthy again. The waterfall and pools look gorgeous. Interested to hear about the bridge over the RK - a film that left a deep impression on me. Hope you have some pics of it. Off to walk doggy now! Keep telling her about your adventures-woof woof! Lots of love Mum xx

    ReplyDelete