Friday 3 May 2013

Small snippet of a post since I accidentally deleted the rest of it, by Mamie

Mummy, this is where you stop reading because I know you'll freak out. Life really flashed before our eyes when we jumped off a bridge, 160m high, with only a bit of rope tied to our feet. Yep; we bungy jumped. As I waited on the bridge, I felt confident. The second I stepped onto the ledge and looked down however, I was completely positive for about two seconds that there was no freaking way I was jumping off that. Although I was truly prepared to turn round and walk away, in one split- second I made the decision to jump and without even waiting for the countdown, I took the leap. I think I screamed (wailed) louder than almost everyone else that day but it was awesomely amazing and exhilarating. We also decided to do the canyon swing but I think I shocked even myself by jumping so quickly (I knew I had to jump immediately or I wouldn't jump at all) so one moment I was walking up to the platform and the next I was free falling 160m, kicking and waving my legs in the air like a massive retard. Still brilliant though! My respect that day goes to Eli, an Israeli guy who hesitated on the edge for four and a half minutes yet still managed to jump. So much respect.

As you can see, Nepal has been huge for us. So many mental things in such a short space of time! Who knows what next?


PS. This elusive 'thing' we did which we've mentioned but haven't named, I can now announce. We kind of got our noses pierced in Udaipur... I couldn't say this before because I had to tell my poor Mum first hand first. Her reaction? Oops...

1 comment: