Monday 10 June 2013

Wednesday 5th June 12:46, Mekong River, by Mamie

Firstly I'd like to wish my (ancient) sister a happy birthday; I hope you had a great day and I love you lots!
Secondly, I'd like to comment on the sandwiches in Laos. We have travelled for over two months and it is clear that asia (and let's put an emphasis on India here) is unable to grasp the concept of a good sandwich. Okay maybe Thailand offers a little potential but we were so fixed on our noodle obsession plus we prefer to eat local delicacies. Laos, however, perhaps because it was part of French Indochina, is laden with baguettes and yummy fillings. I tend to opt for the traditional Laos sandwich of tofu, funny dried pork (not quite sure what to name it or how to explain it but it's yummy), egg, and various vegetables and sauces. In fact I have one ready and waiting now for lunch.

I don't really have much else to say since Amy has covered our recent events. I'm writing this post because I'm bored only a few hours in to our two day slow-boat trip down the Mekong Delta towards Houayxai. The scenery is beautiful but I'm hanging between exhausted (two hours sleep last night because Amy wanted to go bowling; no we have not lost our culture balance) but I'm not in a sleepy mood. So here's this little post for you.

1 comment:

  1. Haha thanks kiddo :p Can't believe you're down to only a handful of days left - time seems to have flown by! Glad you're both having a great time, enjoy the final days, and see you soon x

    ReplyDelete