Friday 5 April 2013

Thursday 4th April 07:22 by Mamie

Another train, another overnight journey, although this time we have been upgraded (not sure why or how) to first class and have the luxury of curtains, space, quiet and bed sheets. Until 6am when some random Indians came rushing into our space and turned on the lights to talk to the man below me, I had a good nights sleep. Unable to fall back into my slumber I guess now I'll just have to wait for that lovely call of 'chai chai chai' down the aisle.

This train however, is a rather exciting one. We are headed for Gorakhpur. From Gorakhpur, we move into Nepal. Goodbye (until two weeks) India and your crazy crazy country.

Since we arrived, we have managed to appear on Indian television (celebrating Holi in Udaipur), slept in the middle of the desert under the most incredible night sky I have ever experienced, been given a lift in a Rajasthan school bus full of girls and sung 'I'm a Barbie Girl' for them, done something which I have mentioned before but still cannot name quite yet (eek), and been driven round Delhi in a police car. Don't worry, we weren't in trouble; we approached the police regarding our scam situation and have managed to get an amazing 3/4 of our money back (which took us two days and hours of arguing- where I made use of my mother's genetic)

Onwards towards our next destination. While Amy sleeps, I'll listen out for my morning tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment