Friday 5 April 2013

Tuesday 2nd April 08:58 by Mamie


In the last few hours of our eighteen hour train journey from Jaisalmer to Delhi, I finally hear the long- awaited calling of 'Chai chai chai chai' down the aisle of our carriage. Desperate not to miss our morning tea (the chai seller practically runs down the train and Amy and I haven't quite grasped how to catch his attention), I leap from the upper bunk, fall on the Indians below me and shake Amy awake for money. There. After possibly the noisiest, most uncomfortable and coldest journey of my life, I finally have my Chai Masala Tea.

Amy tells me off for waking her up, although I know she's been after some chai as much as I have, so while she goes back to sleep I thought I'd play a little CandyCrush and post a little update.

We are heading back into Dreaded Delhi. With our wits at the ready and my Mother's genetics, I am preparing for the bombardment of locals attempting to scam and trick us. Tuk tuk driver, you take me DIRECTLY to my hostel, understand? No, it has not closed down. No, it has not been bombed. No, I am no longer foolishly naive.

During our trip to Delhi we will attempt to get our money back but I also hope that we can refresh our opinions of the city. I think that my hatred of Delhi is much stronger than Amy's, but perhaps with a day to actually explore the key sites and museums, we might be able to enjoy ourselves.

After Delhi we head out of India and to Nepal for two weeks. Bungee jumping is on the cards, but we'll have to see; I don't quite see myself jumping- are they allowed to push you off?

1 comment:

  1. Oh please no! Not bungee jumping Amy! My motherly anxiety can't cope... Mum x

    ReplyDelete